Harman Skinner Hanington

Author: Phil Wood
Date published: 21/11/2014
© Phil Wood

HARMAN SKINNER HANINGTON

Extract from the history of John and Mary Hamlin by Phil Wood 2011.  The full text of the article may be seen on their webpages. 

At some point in the 1860s young John Hamlin came to Newbury to work as a draper’s assistant, having served his apprenticeship with John Walker in Devizes. He was employed by Edward Hanington, who ran a shop at 19 Northbrook Street. When Hanington died in 1870 his wife, Mary, took on the business eventually handing over to her son, Harmon. All three Haningtons share a grave (W 151) in the Newtown Road Cemetery. 

 

Sources:John and Mary Hamlin 2011

Website designed and maintained by Paul Thompson on behalf of the Friends of Newtown Road Cemetery.

Administrator Login